App CatalyzerTo login:
You will need to add each channel in this section.
Start byselecting the type of video. If you are adding live channels, select “LiveStream”
2. Click on“Update” on the marked box to see the pop-up. Here’s where you are addingyour video source details. If you are using a video platform provider suchas BirghtCove, Ooyale and etc choose the listed options. Select “None” asthe video provider if you are not using any video platform providers. Thislets you add your video URL directly. Add HLS stream links here. RTMP isnot supported in all of the devices. “Title” in this section is not important,this is just for your record. If you need any further authentications orneed us to handle signed-urls / IP based authentications, please let usknow and give us further instructions on how your stream handle IPheaders. We will be able to send these details through app.
3. Choose all‘Associated Catalogue’ this video should be part of. Associated Catalogueare the playlists (rows of content) you’ll be setting in the app. Ourrecommendation is to create ‘Catalogue’ for different genre, and add thevideos for that specific genre. Please note, this section shows by default5 catalogue per page. You can see a search bar and pagination on this section.
4. In this section, you’ll be adding meta-data for this video. These metadata will bevisible to the end-users. Click on “Add Language” and choose “English” asthis is your default language of the app. Please note, this language DOESNOT reflect the language of the content, but the language of themeta-data. In this section you will also be selecting “countries”. We willonly show this video for the country you select here.
5. Monetization:In this section, you’ll define how you want to monetize this video. If you choose “Advertisement Video On-Demand”, then we will display pre-roll /mid-roll ads as provided by your ad exchange. In this section you also see“Subscription Video On-Demand”. If you select this, then you can definewhich package this channel will be available for. You can select multiplesubscription packages and subscriptions in the “MONETIZATION” ->Subscription. In this section, you’ll see the list of subscription packageyou already added. For example, if you select AVOD and SVOD in thissection, we will check if a user is already subscribed, if the useralready subscribed, then we will not display AVOD. If the user didn’tsubscribe, then we will display pre-roll, mid-roll as per your adexchange.
6. Before you configure the rest of the section, you need to click on “Save”. Once yousave, you can close and get a video ID.This video ID is in the address bar. We will be using this video ID tohandle EPG data flat files.
Since TVODis going to be in phase 2, please ignore this setting for now:Television On-Demand:If applicable, In this section you will set price for your channel sortedby each country. The set price will be in USD regardless of the countryyou set.If you wouldlike to add EPG for a channel, then click on “Manage Tags” as indicatedbelow. This will show a pop-up of key / value pair table. We use this tohandle specific requests from you and customized data. In your case, if youare going to have flat files for EPG, you need to add ‘EPGDataFile’ as theKey, and add the static file location which should be available in https://domain/channel-folder/.Please see instructions below for EPG flat file guide.
‘Catalogue’is how we organize videos into separate rows / playlists. We supportnested catalogues or just one flat catalogue. Combination of settings isunlimited. We recommend the following:
2. Catalogue Type: Playlist - We will be using playlist catalogue type to indicate a genre. In a bi-lingual/multilingual scenario to add a ‘News’ genre to ‘French’ language, create a catalogue with name ‘French - News’ and another one with ‘English – News”. Just like ‘Videos’ please follow the sections to create and add the necessary details. When you select ‘Country’, please note video’s geo-configuration takes precedence and will override the ‘country’ selection in catalogue. i.e: Let’s assume you have the rights to ABC News in the US, and CBC News in Canada. This channel belongs to ‘English - News’ genre. You created a catalogue named ‘English - News’. You need to make this catalogue be available to both ‘US’ and ‘Canada’. In the video setting, if you need to select only ‘US’ for ABC News and ‘Canada’ for CBC News. When a user visits from Canada, they will see the catalogue (row) ‘English- News’, but the user from Canada will not be able to see ‘ABC News’ since ABC News’ video setting is geo-enabled for ‘US’ only.
3. Monetization: Monetization on this section will override the video’s monetization. i.e: Following the example above, if you need to have ABC News to be in SVOD only, but if you select AVOD in this section, then ABC News will be available for both SVOD and AVOD. This is an important point to keep in mind especially when you have multiple monetizations. Customization on this section can be done through ‘Manage Tags’. You need to let us know the specific scenarios you need to handle, and we can add a key/value pair to overwrite the default behavior.
Monetization - Subscription
You can addmultiple packages. We recommend keeping the packages specific to languageand genre (if you have multiple packages for each language). “Language”drop down here indicates the metadata language not the package language.If your app is going to be in English, keep the “English” as the dropdownselection. If you want to provide all the channels for Francophones, thencreate one package called ‘French Channels’. If you are going to segmentthe French channels into different packages i.e: ‘French News’ and ‘FrenchSportsSubscriptions:Package acts as a container / grouping mechanism for your ‘Subscriptions’.‘Subscriptions’ is where you’ll be adding price, duration, and choosingcountries where this package / subscription will be shown to.
EPG Data Flat File Guide
Basic details for a flat file will be in this format. If you have other metadata tags, then we can incorporate those into the EPG guide as well
Time: This time should ideally be in the format of HH:MM in 24 hour time format. ‘starttime’ and ‘endtime’ can be specified by you or our system will take the starttime / endtime using the ‘Time’ parameter ‘Description’ and ‘Thumbnail’ should be added if you would like to display a full content rich app. If you don’t specify those, then we will display the channel icon, for the thumbnail, and only display the show title along with a progress bar to show the current playing carousel.
These files should be saved in ‘sunday.csv’, ‘monday.csv’, ‘tuesday.csv’ etc and the time should be in UTC format. Our app and website will detect local time of the user’s device, calculate the time-zone and display the appropriate schedule to the end user.